I love brunch. Most people do it on Sunday, but there is no reason that it can’t be a 7 day a week affair if you have both the motive and opportunity to do the crime. Here are my top ten reasons for loving brunch:
1) Getting Up Late. Sleeping late on a weekend and then going to brunch at a restaurant (or even making it at home) always makes me feel like I am on vacation.
2) Eating Guilt Free. I justify my overindulgence at brunch by saying that I am really eating two meals and that therefore I can double my calorie quota. I have been known to make brunch the only meal of they day and actually triple my calorie quota.
3) Bloody Marys, Mimosas, Screwdrivers. You can drink before noon and no one gives you a second glance.
4) Omelet Bars. I feel good about myself when I pick out the healthy veggies and see them folded into my omelet.
5) Unlimited Bacon. This was actually my son’s favorite reason for brunch and I actually have to agree with him on this. Thanks, Michael.
6) Value. In most towns outside of the major cities, you can get a gourmet meal with champagne, seafood, a carving station, fancy desserts, and more for under $20.
7) Conversation. Some times its difficult to get your family and favorite friends together in one place for an extended conversation. If you feed them they will come.
Eggs Five Ways. I love eggs. I have actually had an omelet, scrambled eggs, eggs benedict, egg salad, and egg foo young at the same brunch.
9) Carving Station. Who doesn’t love a white suited man piling big hunks of hot roast beef, turkey, and ham on your plate?
10) Dessert Table. Need I say more?
I am going to shower now and wake up the family and see if anyone wants to go with me.